Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I didn't forget

I have a little girl, she's 9. She hits double digits this fall. I don't talk about her much, mostly cause I don't know how to relate to her. I missed a little bit of her growing up due to military service. Still, I want to desperately to be close to her but I'm not sure how. She is also EXTREMELY intelligent and can see throw a smoke screen when she tries to. I don't think I have ever met a kid as bright as she is. Last year I bought her a dress to go re-enacting with me. It is so neat to have her in camp with me. I can see how much she realy likes being outdoors. And the animals, she loves being anywhere near horses. She gets as close to the cavalry horses as they let her. I'm afraid I don't know my daughter very well. This makes me sad. She brought home a paper from school for bowling with dad. It's date is the same as the first re-enactment of the year. She told Jess that she'd rather go re-enacting cause that's 3 days with dad not just an afternoon. I want to her to as proud of me as I am of her. I hope she understands how truly deep my love for her goes and that no matter what happens in her life or mine she will ALWAYS be, my little girl.

3 Comments:

Blogger Coyote Bebop said...

It's hard, these days, for fathers and daughters. Life is much different than it used to be. I don't know how women and girls handle it in this world. I think the best you can do, is be open to what they want, and allow them the utmost in trust. I think spending time with your daughter is probably the most important thing that will ever happen in her life.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Sassy said...

Sounds like you know her more than you think. Just spend time with her. Take her camping or something. And what Yote said is right. The most important thing is spending time with her and getting to know her. Those memories last forever, and she will thank you for that.

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She loves you more than you know..and she knows you love her. Her wanting to go with Daddy and spend 3 whole days just you and her should prove that. I would go insane, but not her..hehe...j/k

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home