Saturday, April 15, 2006

runnning late

I just sat down to eat my meal
You were driving, hands at the wheel

I take my first bite, missed breakfast and lunch
You hit a pole, with a crash and a crunch

Alert tone makes it's sound
Car versus pole, driver's down on the ground

We respond, find you there
glass and blood all in your hair

You're so still, barely breathing
barely a pulse, I know it's meaning

You're young, only 25
the girl you hit is only 9

I can see her lifeless eyes
the bike she rode was her special prize

she lays quietly under you car
just down the street from her own yard

went out to play and have some fun
not knowing you'd be the one

to cross her path and end it all
no trips for her to the mall

you got flown out
I have little doubt

You'll make it
and you'll forsake it

we gave you a chance to live
it's the most we could give

I tell her parents about her fate
their little girl isn't just running late

I know that God took her to be
another Angel watching out for me

I think of her once in a while
and I cry a little but fight the tears with a smile

Her parent's pain I know won't die
but I never got to tell her hi

And to this day I see her face
looking at me from a happier place

4 Comments:

Blogger Sassy said...

Awwwwwww

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I said you didn't write this, and I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I was convinced you had gotten this from somewhere cuz it's that good. Take it as a compliment..hehe..

8:26 AM  
Blogger Coyote Bebop said...

DAAAAAAM.

REAL good.

REAL REAL good.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Sassy said...

My boobs hurt lmao

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home