Thursday, April 06, 2006

Back to business as usual....sort of

I took my black mourning band off my badge today, felt kinda weird to do it, but you can't dwell on it forever. I also went to class today before I came into work. We now have a mere 16 full class days left. It has gone by so fast, but seems to have lasted a lifetime. Pediatrics was the topic of the day. Of course it has been a topic for the last several class sessions. Wrapping that up next week and on to Endocrinology. We have been practicing pediatirc and infant intubation. Now that just isn't right, shovinga tube down a little kid or baby's throat. But you gotta do what you gotta do espescially for a little one. We got PALS (pediatic Advanced Life Support) class next week and I feel pretty good about it. But I digress. Only 16 full class days left. It's really 17 but on the seventeenth day all we do is take our final and walk out the door. I have made some good friends and some folks I will not soon forget. They have been really supportive. I have thought about the last year a lot lately. I guess after the last week or so I've really had some thinking to do. Didn't have to but, I did anyways. I acutally have started wearing my seatbelt again. I stopped a long time ago, when I realized I could use "professional courtesy" to get out of the ticket. Yes, we really do that. I got out of a double whammy about a year and half ago. 65 in a 30 AND no seatblet. Cop said hey you know better than to not wear a seatbelt, and try slowing down a little will you. I said yep and kept it under 50 the whole way home. But anyway, I decided that I don't to put my family and cohorts at work what we all just went through so I'm trying to be a little safer these days. To all of you who have left little happy comments and stuff, I know you were sent by the illustrious mrs. medic and I do appreciate you and your comments and she does check them everyday. She seems a lot happier than she used to. Thanks y'all

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such a booger! For HOW many YEARS have me and the kids tried to get you to wear your seatbelt??? pfft..I see how it is...Thank God your schooling is almost over..we can move soon!! Yay!! and yes, I know, I rock! hehe

8:34 PM  
Blogger Coyote Bebop said...

Yes, Jess rocks.

I started wearing my seatbelt, AVIDLY, after my '68 Cougar had a braking incident .. i.e. they went completely out. I went through an intersection like a cartoon ... i.e. just INCHES in between two cars. My body reacted accordingly ..i.e. I damnear shit myself.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Sassy said...

Seatbelts are cool. I wear mine. As for Jess...she is the shit! Glad ur doing better, Steve. Cant wait for you and Jess to move here! I can finally meet ya! Yay!

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...I love the theme here...I'm rockin :p

3:01 PM  
Blogger Sassy said...

Jess is a rockin cockin hooker!

8:37 AM  
Blogger fineartist said...

I'll bet that when that class is finally over you will heave a sigh of heavy relief and so will Jess, rock on with your bad seat belted self.

I'm crazy about your little woman too...

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home