Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year??

For those of us including myself that have been following along, I last left you atnicipating a mid-term. I took it, still don't know what I got on it. I suppose no news is good news. I really needed this little winter break to try to get focused. I also suppose I should say Happy New Year to the few folks that actually read this stupid thing. So Happy New Year to the two or three of you out there. I have had a strange year, starting this class; switching partners at work; trying to adjust in general. Not a lot of fun. It hasn't been all bad, but I sure do have struggle to find the good spots. I have spent a lot of time reflecting lately, places I've been, things seen, people met, some lives I watched fade away right in front of me, a new one I helped deliver in a Subway restaurant, my first cardiac arrest save (he actually walked out of the hospital a week later), and of course countless other things. They seem to start slow and by the time I get to paying real close attention they are flying by so fast I can't recognize any of it. I get to feeling pretty overwhelmed a lot. Sometimes I just wish I could stomp on the brakes and make everything stop, just long enough for me to walk around a little and look around. I think I have like maybe one or two true friends. I know a lot of people I like to talk to and hang out with, but mostly that's all they are. I feel a million miles away from my family. So it's a new year and maybe it'll be a good one. All for now.....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, what's this "overwhelming feeling" you speak of? I know not of this term :P

6:57 AM  
Blogger Sassy said...

You have a wife and kids...they are your family :P Sorry you feel overwhelmed, I know the feeling. Good luck, Steve. Im sure you did fine on your test!

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home