Saturday, March 04, 2006

Moving on

Another day, another life saved....ok maybe not. Cardiology is nearly done. I think I might have actually learned something. The learning part of it is over. Now we are spending the next few class days just seeing if we can apply this stuff when we need to. We are doing something called megacode. Basically we have a dummy, I don't mean me, and a specially designed cardiac monitor/defibrillator and it's just 1 person and the istructor. The monitor gets hooked up to a little machine to show a rhthm and we have to "treat" the dummy based on the scenario and the monitor interpretation. Just 1 paramedic, no help, no assistant. Just you. And the monitor will change it's rhythm somewhere between 3 and 5 times. In less than 10 minutes. It is supposed to be really stressful. I kinda think it's going to be fun. So we have that on Thursday. Then on Monday following megacode we take our cardiology final. Then spring break. I get a couple days off from school. Yay!! save me some gas money that week. Then only April and May to get through and it's over. Just have to finish up clinicals and my last bit of precepting. I suppose that will be the end of this little bloggy thing too. I don't think that I would have anything else to write about. I could write about home or whatever, but I don't think that is really very interesting. At least not my house. Funny maybe. Don't know. Anyways....that's it for now. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home