Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The end grows near...

There are only 13 days left in class. We just finished our pediatrics, obstetrics, and gynecelogical portion. We just keep on trucking. There are 11 of us left now, thats not too awful bad considering we started with 14. As far as the attrition rate goes we are faring better than any class before us. I think that the bulk of us will make it through. Even the girl that asked how they got the milky way candy bars to glow in the dark is still with us. I doubt she will get her cert though. This class has been something I waited 4 years to do. I t got a huge build up from other paramedics I know. But for some reason or another it has not been as difficult as I first believed it would. It is proving a little tougher at the end, because I am ready for it to be over. Tired of sitting there in class for hours on end, tired of working in the hospital and for other ambulance services for free. I probably could have made $45,000 this year. I missed out on a lot of OT for school. We've all suffered for it. Blah, blah, blah. Soon it's done. Soon I get to go HOME. For good!! I get to take my kids to the places my parents took me as a kid. My boys get to grow up around their extended families. Take Drew and Tater to the speedway for the Saturday races. Be there for all my babies, in a way my own father wasn't there for me. Finishing this class will give me that. Soon, very soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You left out one important person...Your DAUGHTER!! lol butthead! :P

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home