Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I paid for the whole seat, but I only used the edge

Monday I went down to the computer and fired it up. Logged on and into my National Registry page. I sat momentarily on the edge on my seat in hopeful anxiety. I clicked the status button, and to my suprise and pure elation I noticed the words congratulations and passed in the same sentence. To be completely honest, I cried. Not for long mind you, but cry I did. All I said for about two mintues was "I did it on the first try". Just so you know what a feat that is, Nat'l Reg has a 35% first try success rate last I heard. So now I have one more test to take, always testing at the end, the skills test (practical). I showed I know what I'm doing knowledge wise, but they need to see I can actually perform the skills a paramedic uses on a regular basis. That should be a walk in the park. Just getting out the dummies at work and messing with them. No biggie, plus one of my Captains gave me a video put together of the test stations to get a feel for how it works, thanks to Bob for that one. So I little more luck and I'm done. But for now the world is as right to me as it can be. I want to publically thank the Mrs. for ALL her support, without her NONE of this would be possible. I love you Jess. For those of you who watched this bloggy thing progress...thanks goes to you also for your encouragement. This started as a journal of school and it should rightly end when I get my cert...but I think you all have earned the right to her about the very first call of Paramedic Steve.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I KNEW you could do it! Awesome job babe! Congratulations! We are all super uber proud of you!! Even Tater is making his Power Rangers Paramedics now! :p

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home