Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Done...Sort of

The time has come to pass where all my time and energy spent over the last 18 months in school. I am finished with all my training, allegedly I know all that can be taught. Allegedly. I talked with my instructors today and they are sending my completion verification to the National Registry of EMT's so I can take my big test. I have a tentative test date of 15 February. Now that is really going to happen I see what the others before me freaked out about. Hopefully it won't be too bad. You get 6 chances to take it. You have to get 70% overall and 70% in each category to pass. So if I get a 89% overall but get a 69% in pharmacology I still fail. Nice huh. A coworker of mine went last month to take his 6th and final attempt, he missed it by like 4 questions. So he will not be a paramedic. If he still wants to do it, he has to take the entire course over again. I think I would find another line of work. He seems to be doing ok about it though. So here comes the final push up the hill so to speak. I also have to take a physical skills test, but I'm not sweating that one too much, you can't over interpret a skill. So wish me luck, I hope I don't need too much of it to get it done. So far out of my class 4 people have gone to take it, 3 passed on the first try. That is almost unheard of. That gives me hope. The guy that failed it missed it by one question. So I have hope.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sassy said...

Good Luck! But I think you will pass, don't worry about it, you're a natural, you were born to do this job!

BTW, I have this thing on my leg and I think I may need a paramedic. hehe

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you'll do great..like always! :-)

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home