Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

It's the new year and I was planning on spending the evening's festivities at home with the mrs. medic. But, I went to work. Working a holiday...again. I have y reasons. Money. Nothing more than that. Simply wanting to put some extra money on my check. I'm know the wife would rather have me home. But the plain fact is that I lost around 10,000 dollars in OT this past year to go to school. That hurt. Bad. But, I had a chance to make a little of it up. So I left her alone again...I know it hurts her to feel alone, and I fear what the end result of that happening to many times will be. I've read the bloggy things that other people write. I know what could happen. I know she's not happy. I can hear it in her voice when I talk to her. It's resonates loudly over the telephone, I ask what's wrong. Always the same "nothing" reply. But I hear the disappointment, frustration, and anguish. I don't like spending more than half of my time gone. I like the money that it brings, but I don't like being gone. So have I sold my soul to the company, no I'm just greedy. She needs to go to school and start her career that she's been waiting on. I know. She will sooner than later. We had a decent day today I think. Not great, but pretty decent. Now with a new certification coming up for me, and a pay raise to go with it, we can finally get the ball rolling and stuff. More money means less time at work. Yay!! Maybe this year I can stay home more and she came finally start getting her education. I love you Jess!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger beckyboop said...

I'm here to checkout your blog thingy. What you wrote was sweet and heartfelt. Your wife is a lucky girl and understands more than you think.

I'm glad your looking at raise and you understand she needs her turn as well. We women can get by on very little. We are so busy taking care of our husband and our children, it happens. When my husband realizes this and takes time to give me something I want or need, it means the world to me.

I love your Jess too. She is a good woman. It is so nice that you are considering her feelings. As long as you don't forget to do that, you guys will stay together forever.

Oh hell, I'm getting all sappy. Here's to your pay raise and being able to spend more time at home! Whoo, woo.

Becky

6:29 PM  
Blogger Sassy said...

Well at least things are starting to calm down a bit. Jess knows you work hard. I think she just misses you. And she's going insane. LOL

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home