Wednesday, December 20, 2006

18 hours to go

Ok so when we last left our medic student he was trying to get the last little bit finished. I'm down to the last 18 hours of required time. Seemed like it would never end. My last day is supposed to be Dec 22. But I need 100 hours, and the 22nd only gives me 94 so I still need six more for a grand total of 18. Sucks. I don't want to work Christmas for free, since this will be the first time in five years I've had X-mas eve and day off from my paying job. So I guess I will have to do it on the 28th. Even though I want to get it done sooner than later. My wife seems to think I got some other thing I want to do since I would be giving up Christmas with her and the kids. I understand her point of staying with them on Christmas. I'm just so stinking tired of doing this and it getting delayed or pushed back and now here we are at Christmas and I thought I could have been done by Thanksgiving at the latest. I just want it to end. I'm tired of being the "student" and having to give up my time for no compensation. I have other things I'd like to do like...I don't know stay home and eat a meal with my wife and kids, or watch a movie. I have netflix and I think I've seen 1 movie in the last 3 months. Wife just watches and then asks me if I want to send it back or keep it so I can see it. I tell her send it back cause I know I won't ge to watch it. My Tater man speaks so much more clearly than he did not long ago. I don't know when that happened. Everything goes by so fast, and I am missing it. So to sum it up, I don't want to miss any part of Christmas festivities...but I'm tired of it taking longer than I planned. The worst part is wife thinks I'm up to no good. I don't need that crap to go with everything else. That's extra stress I need, thanks a lot. I don't know what else to say about that. I was also trying to get the family to my house for X-mas cause wife said she wanted to have one at our house for once. I agree with her on that. But then I get to be labeled the ASSHOLE again, as usual. This whole thing is starting to get to me. I NEED a vacation, no work, no school, no outside stresses, just some time away...Just the 5 of us away from everything.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok..#1 Mr. Husband. Considering you did help in getting YOUR family to come over for Christmas is another damn good reason for you to take Christmas off. Second, I don't recall saying you were an asshole for helping in that, third, knowing I'd be pissed if you did this on Christmas is a damn good reason NOT to even consider it. I don't care how much you want to get it done. It is only 6 hrs and you can do it on another day. You just talked about how much you've missed, yet you're willing to give up a special day. Do what you want though..Because I'd rather have you gone "working" than being at the house being a total ass because you don't get to do what YOU want. Don't discuss added stress from ME when all I'm trying to do is get you to spend the time with your family that you say you never get. There are at least 3 available days for you to complete your hours without using Christmas!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Sassy said...

Maybe the five of you should do something together outside of the home...

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home