Tuesday, February 06, 2007

It's about damn time

I watched Super Bowl XLI, actually I didn't watch it as much as I was engrossed by it. I have been a Colts fan since I was little and learning the game. I have stood by and cheered during the really bad years, and had wishful thinking during the mediocre years. But these last few have been absolute heartbreakers. They had almost every piece of the puzzle. Manning breaks records, 13 straight wins, so on and such. But NO Super Bowl. I met Tom Brady once, nicest guy I ever hated. This year as the Colts are down 21 to 3 in the AFC championship game, I swore that if the Colts lost I would never watch them again. I was so tired of being a fan of the team with biggest offense fall on their face at the end of the season. But they won, come back kids and stuff. So I sat, in Bears country listening to the Bears fight song on the radio, seeing orange and blue everywhere. I hoped, prayed and wished for a Colts win. All I could do was wait. I watched NFL channel everyday for info on the game. Sunday finally gets here and I slept until like 4 pm. I worked the night before and it was a terrible shift up the full 24 hour shift with no sleep. Yuck. But it was ok cause my Colts finally made it to the big game. I made a chili dip and got my chips ready, then game time. I nearly cried when it was over...Colts finally champs. I finally got it, after 22 years. I have watched every supber bowl since i dont know when. But my team, the one followed all my life as a football fan wins one. So to say i'm happy is an understatement, all i can really say about the thing is that it's about damn time. GO COLTS!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sassy said...

Whoohoo!

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Colts!
It sure did feel good to be a Colts fan in Bear country though..hehe

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home