Monday, May 22, 2006

Back from the field!

As you may or may not know I get to spend about one weekend a month during the summer and fall portraying a soldier from the War Between the States. Civil war for you Yankee types. We left out Friday morning for Sacramento, Kentucky for a reenactment there. Got back late Sunday night. Anyway, I noticed that my better looking half wrote about her day of cooking and tea brewing so my unit would have goodies and beverage to consume after a long hot day of marching and heathen Yankee killing. When I say a day of cooking and brewing, I literally mean a full day. She finally finished baking somewhere around 10:30 that night. And then was up in time to see us off in the morning. I can hardly wait for the day she gets to come with me. During this last event on Saturday night it started to lightning and thunder, yet it was short lived. Right after the clouds broke was the deepest blue with the twinkling of a thousand little lights so far above. They seemed to pierce right to your soul. A thousand thoughts seemed to race through my mind. Almost all of them related to my ancestor's experiences 140+ years before my own. Every couple of minutes I could see my wife in my mind. In my own mind she was right there with me seeing those stars. I would think on how brightly her eyes shine and and sparkle when she looks at me and I am lucky enough to see them. I miss her so when I go off to refight battles already won or lost so many years ago. To say that I appreciate the tea and goodies is not even close to how I feel. I am sustained by them, not becuase they taste good and I'm hungry or thirsty, but because she puts so much effort forth in them and I know that her love is in every little chunk of cake or homemade bread, or cornbread, or muffin, and in every ounce of tea. We leave again in three weeks. I hope so knows just how much I truly appreciate all that she does for me. I love you Jess!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sassy said...

Awwwww that is so sweet. Altho you do want to make me puke. :P

Jess...where did this sweet husband come from?

Steve...have u been upducted by aliens lately? Seriously tho...glad u appreciate your wife.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Coyote Bebop said...

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm checking him for a fever as we speak

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home